Here at MIES we utilise all of our specialised businesses within the MIES Group of companies to deliver to our client an integrated facility management solution. We work seamlessly in partnership with MIES Fire & Security and MIES Building Services to deliver a complete maintenance package for either your individual site or a network of sites across your management.
Upon appointment of MIES Facilities Management, you are appointed a dedicated account manager, allowing you to have one point of contact across the entirety of the contract. This is to ensure all queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently and providing you with a single point of call to deliver a multitude of services relevant to your building management. This allows us to deliver the building compliance you require whilst saving you valuable time also reducing the costs of building management.
We have heavily invested in developing a bespoke software package to provide a paperless and fully automated system that allows us to securely hold relevant and detailed maintenance and asset information of each of your sites, which we are responsible for. As part of our service we issue all site managers an annual programme of works which details all the maintenance works that are to be carried out and in what month they are required to ensure we maintain compliance. To go one step further we will provide a weekly programme to indicate the exact dates we intend to carry out works and implications this may have on the day to day running of a site. This will enable site managers to co-ordinate with staff to ensure minimum disturbance during the working day.
MIES Facilities Management operates a 24/7, 365 days per year call-out facility along with an out-of-hours response if required. We operate an in-house team of professional, highly-skilled engineers with an uncompromising commitment to quality and exemplary standards of service, you can depend on MIES Facilities Management for 24/7 Complete Building Maintenance.
Do I need Maintenance?
Did you know that following works are classed as a legal requirement?
- Electrical Fixed Wire Testing
- Visual Inspections & RCD Testing
- Emergency Light Testing
- PAT Testing
- Gas Appliance Maintenance
Further to the legal requirement it is also highly recommended that further maintenance works are carried out, this would generally consist of:
- Heating System Maintenance
- Ventilation System Maintenance
- Air Conditioning System Servicing
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- TMV Safety Check
Some of these may form part of the requirements set out by local councils, property management agents and insurance companies. MIES Facilities Management can assist with ensuring your buildings are 100% compliant at all times. Essential Building Services Maintenance is recommended not only to fulfil legal requirements but to ensure all M&E along with F&S systems are kept to a safe standard. Should an incident occur and maintenance has not been kept up to date this may mean that insurance cover becomes invalid.
Why not join our existing client base in choosing MIES Facilities Management, 24/7 Complete Building Maintenance?
MIES are proud to be accredited to the below trade associations and regulatory bodies.
All our affiliations are maintained yearly ensuring we are providing the highest calibre of Mechanical/Electrical, Fire & Security services as well as being up to date with required Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Mechanical Essential Maintenance
Gas Appliance Maintenance
- Annual servicing & functional testing of all gas boilers, water heaters etc.
- All certification
Heating System Maintenance
- Annual servicing & extracting samples from the heating system to be analysed for high levels of contamination
- Flushing & dosing of the heating system (if required)
- Heating system balancing (if required)
- Annual inspection, servicing (clean & filter replacement) & maintenance of air handling plant.
- Annual cleaning of ductwork & grilles
- Servicing of all A/C equipment including replacing / changing filters and certification.
- Checking and maintaining gas levels.
Legionella Risk Assessment
- Acquiring water samples to be analysed.
- Investigate condition of water storage.
- Identify potential risks e.g. pipework dead legs, unsafe water temperatures etc.
- Advise on methods to eliminate identified risks.
TMV Safety Check
- Check all Thermostatic Mixing Valves to ensure correct water temperature is being achieved.
Electrical Essential Maintenance
Electrical Compliance Maintenance
- Quarterly RCD functional testing with Timed Test once every year
- Annual Visual Inspections
- Electrical circuit testing in line with BS7671 18th edition wiring regulations.
- Visual inspections & RCD testing incorporated during periodic inspection.
Emergency Lighting Testing
- Monthly functional test (x10 months)
- 1 hour discharge test (month 6)
- 3 hour full drain test (month 12)
- All carried out in line with BS5266-1
- Test & certification of portable appliances
Fire & Security Essential Maintenance
- Carry out test on 100% of the fire alarm devices to ensure correct operation as per BS5839Pt1-2017
- Annual Visual Inspection of all devices
- Check correct operation for all interfaces
- Complete full walk test in sequence to confirm alarm activations as required within PD6662-2017.
- Annual visual inspection of all devices
- Confirm signalling through EMCS monitoring service
- Annual check to confirm optimal configuration in line with BS EN 50132-7-1996
- 6 monthly hard drive interrogation
- Annual visual inspection of all cameras & equipment.
Door Entry / Access Control
- Full audio & visual operational test to ensure compliance with BS EN 50133-1-1997
- Inspection of all locking devices ensuring correct operation.
MIES have a wide range of operatives including M&E Site Foreman, Electrical/Mechanical/Fire & Security Engineers, Heating Engineers, Testing Engineers, Labourers and Apprentices.
All our operatives are fully up to date with the required qualifications including SMSTS, SSSTS, IPAF, PASMA, Emergency First Aid, First Aid at Work, Working at Heights, Safe Working, Asbestos Awareness.
Within recent years we have invested heavily in our electronic documentation ecosystem and we now run a bespoke system that handles all aspects of the maintenance procedure.
All MIES Facilities Management Engineers and contracts managers carry tablet computers which enable them to report all faults / findings, and access site specific information from historic visits, asset lists and any other relevant information.
This information can be securely delivered instantly to all MIES engineers and site managers, whether it be for scheduled maintenance calls or during an out of hours emergency call out. Meaning that we always have the information to hand to deal with any situation which may arise, 24/7.
All routine documentation is issued within 48 hours after being verified and signed by our in-house NICEIC/Gas Safe/BAFE & NSI and Gas Safe qualifying supervisors.
MIES understand that the number one priority for our relationship with a client is the satisfaction of the staff members we communicate with on a day to day basis.
We pride ourselves on our impeccable reputation with our existing clients and aim to carry that through into relationships with new clients.
A perfect example of this is through our Center Parcs contract. To put it into numbers during the last year we have carried out electrical tests on approx. 3000 villas, on 5 separate occasions giving a total of 15,000 visits. Throughout 2018 MIES only received one guest complaint that was swiftly rectified the same day.