MIES Maintenance offer bespoke Mechanical, Electrical, Fire and Security maintenance packages tailored to our clients requirements.
Integrated solutions are key to our approach. That could be working in partnership with MIES Fire & Security to deliver a complete maintenance package or having a dedicated account manager, meaning one point of contact to ensure any queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently with the minimum input required from clients & site managers.
We have heavily invested in developing a bespoke software package to provide a paperless and fully automated system that allows us to keep detailed information of each site and the maintenance requirements that is instantly available to all staff members and contract engineers.
As part of our service we issue all site managers an annual programme of works which details all the maintenance works that are to be carried out and in what month they are required to ensure we maintain compliance. To go one step further we will provide a weekly programme to indicate the exact dates we intend to carry out works and implications this may have on the day to day running of a site. This will enable site managers to co-ordinate with staff to ensure minimum disturbance during the working day.
MIES Maintenance will also carry out all required remedial works with the same team of engineers that provide the essential maintenance. This will provide a much quicker turnaround of works and will not involve multiple departments or staff members and will drastically reduce the operating overheads of site managers dealing with any building services works. All our Maintenance Engineers are fully qualified Electricians or Plumbing & Heating Engineers and will have a good background knowledge of the site and the operating procedures in place.
Do I Need Maintenance?
Did you know that following works are classed as a legal requirement?
- Electrical Fixed Wire Testing
- Visual Inspections & RCD Testing
- Emergency Light Testing
- PAT Testing
- Gas Appliance Maintenance
Further to the legal requirement it is also highly recommended that further maintenance works are carried out, this would generally consist of:
- Heating System Maintenance
- Ventilation System Maintenance
- Air Conditioning System Servicing
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- TMV Safety Check
Some of these may form part of the requirements set out by local councils, property management agents and insurance companies. MIES Maintenance can assist with ensuring your buildings are 100% compliant at all times.
Essential Building Services Maintenance is recommended not only to fulfil legal requirements but to ensure all M&E systems are kept to a safe standard. Should an incident occur and maintenance has not been kept up to date this may mean that insurance cover becomes invalid.
Why not join our existing client base in choosing MIES Maintenance for your Building Services Maintenance package?Download a Brochure
Mechanical Essential Maintenance
Gas Appliance Maintenance
- Annual servicing & functional testing of all gas boilers, water heaters etc.
- All certification
Heating System Maintenance
- Annual servicing & extracting samples from the heating system to be analysed for high levels of contamination
- Flushing & dosing of the heating system (if required)
- Heating system balancing (if required)
- Annual inspection, servicing (clean & filter replacement) & maintenance of air handling plant.
- Annual cleaning of ductwork & grilles
- Servicing of all A/C equipment including replacing / changing filters and certification.
- Checking and maintaining gas levels.
Legionella Risk Assessment
- Acquiring water samples to be analysed.
- Investigate condition of water storage.
- Identify potential risks e.g. pipework dead legs, unsafe water temperatures etc.
- Advise on methods to eliminate identified risks.
TMV Safety Check
- Check all Thermostatic Mixing Valves to ensure correct water temperature is being achieved.
Electrical Essential Maintenance
Electrical Compliance Maintenance
- Quarterly RCD functional testing with Timed Test once every year
- Annual Visual Inspections
- Electrical circuit testing in line with BS7671 17th edition wiring regulations.
- Visual inspections & RCD testing incorporated during periodic inspection.
Emergency Lighting Testing
- Monthly functional test (x10 months)
- 1 hour discharge test (month 6)
- 3 hour full drain test (month 12)
- All carried out in line with BS5266-1:2016
- Test & certification of portable appliances
Fire & Security Essential Maintenancee
- Carry out test on 100% of the fire alarm devices to ensure correct operation as per BS5839Pt1:2013
- Annual Visual Inspection of all devices
- Check correct operation for all interfaces
- Complete full walk test in sequence to confirm alarm activations as required within PD6662:2010.
- Annual visual inspection of all devices
- Confirm signalling through EMCS monitoring service
- Annual check to confirm optimal configuration in line with BS EN 50132-7:1996
- 6 monthly hard drive interrogation
- Annual visual inspection of all cameras & equipment.
Door Entry / Access Control
- Full audio & visual operational test to ensure compliance with BS EN 50133-1:1997
- Inspection of all locking devices ensuring correct operation.
The below gives a sample cost for a 16-classroom primary school premium maintenance package.
- Fire Alarm - 110 Devices
- Intruder Alarm - 52 Devices
- Door Access - 29 Devices
- CCTV - 23 Devices
- Emergency Lighting - 123 Devices
Additional Services Provided
- 5 year electrical periodic testing
- PAT Testing
- Visual Inspections & RCD Testing
- Gas appliance maintenance
- Heating system maintenance
- Legionella risk assesment
£1,820 per annum
Directly Employed Labour
MIES have a wide range of directly employed operatives including M&E Site Foreman, Electricians, Plumbers, Heating Engineers, Testing Engineers, Labourers and Apprentices.
All our operatives are fully up to date with the required qualifications including SMSTS, SSSTS, IPAF, PASMA, Emergency First Aid, First Aid at Work, Working at Heights, Safe Working, Asbestos Awareness
Within recent years we have invested heavily in our electronic documentation ecosystem and we now run a bespoke system that handles all aspects of the maintenance procedure.
All MIES Maintenance Engineers and contracts managers now carry iPad tablet computers which enables them to report all faults / findings, all correspondence is sent to admin staff within the office and account managers ensuring all parties are aware at all times of any potential issues and faults. All routine documentation is issued within 48 hours after being verified and signed by our in-house NICEIC and Gas Safe qualifying supervisors.
MIES understand that the number one priority for our relationship with a client is the satisfaction of the staff members we communicate with on a day to day basis.
We pride ourselves on our impeccable reputation with our existing clients and aim to carry that through into relationships with new clients.
A perfect example of this is through our Center Parcs contract. To put it into numbers during the last year we have carried out electrical tests on approx 3000 villas, on 5 separate occasions giving a total of 15,000 visits. Throughout 2016 we only received one guest complaint that was swiftly rectified the same day.
MIES are proud to be accredited to the above trade associations and regulatory bodies. All our affiliations are maintained yearly ensuring we are providing the highest calibre of Mechanical & Electrical services as well as being up to date with required Health & Safety policies and procedures.Download a Brochure